Sour Cream Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cup (192 g) Flour (unbleached), sifted
- 1 cup (201 g) Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup (242 g) Sour cream **
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen, tossed with a tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- butter/PAM/oil to grease pan
- 5 Tbsp (62.5 g) Sugar
- 2 Tbsp (28.4 g) Butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and about 1 cup of sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Grease a 9-inch square dark metal cake pan.
- Spread the batter in the pan. Add blueberries, scatter them over the batter and stir a little bit so that they stay in the top layer.
- In a small bowl, mix about 5 T sugar with the butter and cinnamon with a sturdy fork, until they are blended and resemble cornmeal (i.e., you should have a mixture of fine crumbs, not a smooth mixture). Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, until a clean toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry.
- Cool slightly; serve warm or at room temperature.