Chicken with Peanut Curry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 1 cup peppers (cut into large chunks)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots (sliced thin)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Coconut Rice, recipe follows
- Cilantro sprigs for garnishing
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cups jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
Chicken w/Curry Sauce:
- Prepare the peanut curry sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cut up chicken, season and saute until cooked almost through stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce into a frying pan over the chicken, stir to combine.
- Turn heat up to high and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. When boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add vegetables and continue cooking for 2 - 4 minutes.
- Serve over Coconut Rice or plain steamed rice.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, chicken broth, and rice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Fluff rice with fork and stir in toasted coconut.