- 1 cup Almond Flour (110 grams)
- 2 tbsp egg white protein
- 3 tbsp water
- 1-2 tsp oil (olive, avocado, coconut, lard, butter, etc)
- 2 tbsp finely grated cheese (parmesan, pecorino, cheddar, mozzarella)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Add up to 2 tbsp of seeds, nuts, dried herbs (chopped) to play with the flavor. You can also use sweeteners, cinnamon for more of a dessert cracker.
- You can add cracked black pepper to up the spiciness.
Egg White Protein
Here is the brand I am currently using here. This is not an affiliate link, I do not make money if you click this link and buy it.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients, including any add-ins you might want to add depending on what flavor cracker you are going for.
- Add the water and oil.
- Mix well. The dough should be kind of wet, but not sloppy.
- I like to use a silicon mat, but you can use parchment paper. Fill a small bowl with water. Dump the dough onto the middle of the surface you are using, wet your fingers well and begin pressing the dough out onto the surface as thin as you can make it. Wet your fingers as necessary. Don't worry about getting the dough wet as it will evaporate while baking.
- When you get the dough as thin as you want your crackers, with a pizza cutter, or knife, cut into equal size rectangles.
- You can add extra salt, seeds, at this point. Just make sure to press into the dough so they stick.
- Place in a preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes. Turn at the 10 minute point if your oven bakes unevenly.
- You may want to start checking the crackers at 15 minutes so they do not get too brown. Too brown cracker means burnt cheese.
- Remove the crackers from the oven and let sit on the sheet for 10 minutes to cool.
- You should be able to carefully break the crackers apart where you cut them in step 5.