- Any cruciferous vegetable
- Olive oil
- Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- Trim the veg and cut into similar sized pieces. Place in a bowl or directly onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Stir to coat the veg in the oil/salt/pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes in the lower third of the oven.
- After 20 minutes, take from oven and stir on the tray. You should be seeing some browning.
- Put back into the oven for about 10 more minutes. Watching closely to make sure that nothing browns too much. Broccoli with its more delicate crowns will roast quicker than cauliflower or romanesco.
- When the veg has roasted to your liking, turn off the oven and grate the cheese, again, the amount is to your taste, over the veg and put back into the oven. The residual heat will melt the cheese.