- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp ice cold butter cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Cut butter into flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg and yogurt, mix well to combine. Then add to dry ingredients. Mix until the flour disappears. If too wet, add more flour.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough about 3/4" to 1" thick. Cut into individual biscuits. Place on pan covered with parchment paper.
- Put the blueberries on top of the scones and then sprinkle with crystal sugar.
- At this point you can bake them but if you can wait and place in the freezer or fridge for at least 10 minutes (more is even better) you will be rewarded with puffier, higher scones.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes depending on your oven. Check for doneness at 20 minutes.