- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups milk (scalded)
- 1 9" pie shell (blind baked)
- Preheat oven to 475F
- Mix eggs, sugar, salt & flavorings until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
- Temper the eggs with the milk, and then combine all together.
- Pour into shell, sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 3 minutes at 475F.
- Turn oven down to 425F and bake 10 more minutes. Pie is done when there is barely any jiggle in custard.
- Cool completely so custard sets completely.