With Bacon and Raisins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Slices bacon
- 4 Cups brussel sprouts, halved if large
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain; let cool and crumble.
- Add brussel sprouts to bacon drippings in skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until well browned in spots and beginning to soften, roughly 5–7 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and add raisins, diced shallot, and butter. Cook until shallot is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth to skillet and increase heat and bring to a boil while scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until broth has evaporated, another 1–2 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and crumbled bacon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.