- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp oil (optional)
- Rinse rise well under cold running water.
- If using the oil to toast the rice, heat in your pan on medium-high. When oil is hot, add rice carefully as it should be quite wet from rinsing.
- Stir rice until dry and starting to toast a bit. You can also add spices at this point to boost their flavor.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Lower temperature to a simmer and place lid on and cook at a low simmer for 45 minutes. Do not remove the lid or stir.
- After 45 minutes, stir a bit to fluff the rice and put the lid back on for 10 minutes to finish steaming off of the heat.