Curry Carrot & Potato Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 head broccoli
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/s tsp dry dill weed
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cups stock
- Prepare all vegetables first. Cut them into equal sized cubes, there is no need to peel, though you can if it is your preference.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil on medium high, add onions, potatoes and carrots. Lower heat to medium and saute for 3-5 minutes stirring often.
- Add chopped garlic, curry powder, dill and thyme, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock and deglaze bottom of pan.
- Add chopped broccoli and any other vegetables you have.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then lower heat with lid on to a rapid simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes, or when carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat and blend using either an immersion blender or in small batches using a table top blender.
- If soup seems to runny for you, put back onto the stove and simmer for up to 5 minutes to thicken. Also, if the soup seems too thick, add water to desired consistency.