- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, add more or less as needed
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in warm water and allow the yeast to activate.
- Combine the flour, salt in your mixing bowl. Add the yeast mixture along with the melted butter to the flour. Mix with the paddle attachment until fully combined.
- Knead dough for a few minutes just until dough is smooth in consistency. Do not over knead!
- Remove the dough carefully from the mixing bowl and spray the inside of the bowl with non-stick spray. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to proof for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- After the dough has rested and risen, divide it into 16 pieces and roll into your breadsticks. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Once the oven has preheated, place the cookie sheet in oven and bake breadsticks in the upper middle area of your oven for 6-7 minutes.
- While breadsticks are cooking, microwave butter and add garlic powder and salt.
- Remove the breadsticks from the oven and brush them with half the butter mixture. Then continue to bake for 5-8 more minutes.
- After removing breadsticks from oven, immediately brush the other half of the butter on the sticks.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.