Almost Olive Garden...
- 1/2 pound ground hot sausage
1/2 pound ground sausage
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon flour
8 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1-2 tsp salt (to taste)
3 Russet potatoes
1 cup heavy cream
1 bunch torn kale pieces
- Add sausage to a large soup pot and crumble as it cooks over medium heat.
- When sausage is broken up and beginning to brown, add onion and garlic to the pan and continue cooking until sausage is cooked through and onions are soft.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, wash potatoes and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Cut sliced potatoes into halves.
- Once soup is boiling, add potatoes to pot. Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the heavy cream and kale. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the kale is wilted.