- 1 1/2 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 7 cups flour (more or less)
- Combine water and yeast, proof.
- Scald milk, add cream, salt, sugar, oil, and butter. Allow this to cool a bit and then combine with yeast.
- Combine liquid with flour, mix well and knead for 10 minutes.
- Allow dough to double in warm space.
- After dough doubles, punch down and form into zweibach. Set in warm space and allow to double in size.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.