Roasted Carrot Potato Soup
- 1 lb carrots, peeled & diced in 3/4" chunks
1 lb russet potatoes, peeled and diced in 3/4" chunks
3 cloves garlic, peeled & whole
1 tsp curry powder (optional)
3 cardamom seeds (optional)
1/2 medium onion, diced
3 tbsp olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Chicken or vegetable Stock
- Preheat oven to 400F or 375F convection.
- Combined diced carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic cloves in a large bowl. Add approximately 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt & ground fresh pepper to taste. Stir well to coat the vegetables evenly. If they seem dry, add a little more olive oil.
- Place the vegetables on a 1/2 sheet pan and roast for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes to make sure that all sides are brown.
- When vegetables are roasted place in a large sauce pan. Add curry powder, cardamom and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce temperature to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove cardamom seeds.
- You can either eat this chunky, and if so you are done, or blend well with an immersion blender or find a happy medium between chunky and smooth.