- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
- 2 cups water
- Olive Oil
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 sliced shallot
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped dates or raisins
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Put water into pan, add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. When the water begins to boil, add couscous and lower temperature to medium. Cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse couscous with cold water, toss with olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Cook cauliflower and shallot in olive oil for 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and dates (or raisins), cook additional 2 minutes.
- Add the couscous along with a splash of red wine vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.