aka Cream Puff Shells
- 1/2 cup butter
1 cup boiling water
1 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- Melt butter in boiling water. Add flour and salt all at once; stir vigorously. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously after each until smooth.
- Either drop by spoon or use a pastry bag with a 1/2" tip to place 3" apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a 450F oven and then turn temperature down to 325F and bake for 25 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and split pastry in half and place back into turned off oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool.
- At this point it is time to fill with anything your heart desires such as Vanilla Pudding or almost anything. It can be either savory or sweet.