- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (divided)
- 8 - 10 corn or flour tortillas (taco size)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 14 oz chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 - 2 small (4 oz) cans chopped green chilis
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash cumin (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425. Grease a 9 x 13 casserole.
- For the sauce, melt butter and then add the flour. Stir well and cook for approximately 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and bring to a gentle boil. The sauce should thicken at this point. When the sauce has thickened enough, take off the heat and add the green chilis. Allow to cool slightly and then add the sour cream. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- While the sauce is cooling (before adding sour cream) Combine the chicken & 1 cup shredded cheese. Add a pinch of salt & pepper. Divide between the tortillas, rolling each and placing seam side down in casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated oven 20 - 30 minutes. The sauce should be bubbly and the cheese browned slightly on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool.