- 3/4 cup (170 g) butter
- 1 1/2 cup (300 g) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 tsp soda
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups (385 g) flour
- 1 - 3 Tbsp Milk*
- 1 Cup (125 g) Powdered (icing) sugar
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs to mixture, mix well.
- Add salt to mixture, mix well.
- Separately on a plate or bowl mash bananas, vanilla and baking soda together.
- Add flour to butter/sugar mixture, mix well.
- Add bananas and nuts to the batter and mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into 2 greased bread pans, bake middle rack for 1 hour.
When loaves come out of oven, let sit for 5 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.
Combine powdered sugar & 1 1/2 tbsp milk together and stir. Add remaining liquid slowly to make a smooth, not too liquidy glaze. When the loaves have cooled enough, but still warm to the touch pour glaze over loaves. Let cool completely and let the glaze set.