The Libby Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp mixed spice (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9" (4 cup volume) deep dish pie shell
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Beat eggs in a bowl (I like to use a whisk attachment on my mixer).
- Add sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, mixed spice (if using), and pumpkin. Mix well, scrape sides if necessary.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 F; bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack a minimum of 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream for serving.