- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Use the frosting found here Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add oil, coffee, and milk.
- Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat 2 more minutes. (expect the batter to be thin).
- Pour into a 9" x 13" greased and floured pan or 2 9" round pans.
- Bake for about 45 minutes (9" x 13"), or for about 30 minutes (two 9").
- Cool in pan for about 15 minutes remove and cool completely on racks.
- Frost with Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, or just eat!